Monday, October 17, 2011

Guess who's b-iz-ack

So it's Genni, reporting from Dieuze in the Lorraine region of France. The weather has been top-notch by French standards: Sunny most days, highs in the 50s. It's awfully nice to be in France. It's already been quite an experience. I am working as an English Language Assistant for the school this year. I arrived too early and was really on my own in a tiny town with no car and no kitchen. When the other assistant arrived from Germany (with a car, thank goodness), we were finally able to get around. It still took a week to apply for our internet connection and another 10 days before i received the message that it was activated. In fact, it was not and it was five more days for a technician to come fix the connection. So finally, after a lot of work and a lot of waiting, I have an internet connection. Hurray!

I almost fell to the ground when I saw the yarn store here in Dieuze, directly opposite the corner from the store I spent four consecutive days in trying to get internet. Thanks, Tunnel Vision. All of this to say that Genni & Gina the Etsy store is coming closer and closer to being ready for this fall/winter/holiday season. It is a bit late (and I'm still looking for a knitting machine in France that doesn't cost a small fortune) but I'm hoping to get all prepped by mid November so I can still get a toe in on the holidays. As for Genni & Gina the blog, I'm back up and running now!

I have tons of inspiration just waiting to be shown, including, as always, street fashion, some of my favorite knits for fall 2011 runway, and maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky... me :D. For now, the usb cable for my camera is still in the US so local pics will have to wait. In the meantime, you can take a look at what some other people have to say about the area. The Google Street view of town will give you a great idea of what it looks like most of the time. Keep in mind, a ton of the attractions of Dieuze require driving at least 45 minutes outside of Dieuze to get to (Strasbourg, Nancy, Metz). Enjoy!

Official Website of the Town of Dieuze
Dieuze on Wikipedia
Stuff to do in Dieuze that's not actually in Dieuze





No comments: