Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Swift Kick in the Pants

A lot has been happening over the past couple of months, but the most important things happened yesterday.


My knitting machine arrived from Germany! Hurray! 

You can see I've gotten right to work on it.

Specs: 
This is the Silver Reed LK-150 Standard Gauge Knitting Machine. It can knit so many more yarn weights than the Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine, has more needles on the bed, and the carriage falls off the bed way less often (which means HOURS saved from picking dropped stitches back up on each piece). I can knit a fine-gauge sweater with lace-weight yarn on this. 

If you'd like to know more about my knitting machines or that small spinning wheel you see in the back there, go to my primary website (it's still new) Chic Crafty Geeks. There I offer online classes on how to use either the LK 150 or the Bond USM as well as drop spindle spinning, hand knitting, and lots of other things.

In any case, having my better machine back has me inspired and feeling ready to open my shop, so I've put up some of my newest items in my Etsy shop (see the shop page at the top).

Here are some samples:




I'm happy with the items and everything else is a work in progress, but I'm excited to have some items up.

Can't wait to show you more!

No comments: